Satellite image management for forests
The use of images from satellites, manned and unmanned vehicles to manage the Montes del Plata areas is a necessity. However, the management of the images was a challenge. Based on this demand, the Mosaicos WEB solution was created, which manages and performs calculations to extract information from the analyzed areas of every image base of the organization. Different types of Information are extracted, such as the type of vegetation specific to each area, regions suffering from lack of water and areas with more or less vegetation. Due to the sensors for each type of image, it is possible to verify, for example, the water levels of the regions due to the sensors of the photos. This management support helps to make assertive decisions about the forest growth.
- Greater assertiveness in strategic decisions in the processes of:
- Pre- and post-planting (Alignment and Mortality);
- Maintenance (Health Analysis with NDVI);
- The harvest;
- Management and spatial analysis of sensors normally used for agriculture, such as:
- General Mode Multispectral Sensors.
- Sharing of image information across the organization with fast, intelligent and integrated access to the organization’s operational management system without having to rely on specialists for use and interpretation of the data as support to make decisions;
- Possibility of information consumption on computers (browser, ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Pro), tablets and smartphones;
- Complete control and traceability of image data import, vendors, processing date, etc.;
- Optimization of the data storage volume of images in the servers of the organization;
Benefits for Specialists:
- Fully integrated storage and control in the Corporate Geodatabase;
- Management of mosaics with automatic analysis and validation;
- Fully flexible configuration for use with any ArcGIS DIP (Digital Imaging Processing) Function or customized ones;
- DPI functions are run in memory by the application without the need of storage or traffic of large volumes of data;
- Download of images in their original format directly from the application.